• 500g minced beef
• Freshly ground cracked black pepper and sea salt, to taste
• 200g Cornish yarg cheese
• 4-6 burger buns
• Lettuce, tomato slices, and relish for serving
1. In a bowl, combine the minced beef with a generous amount of freshly ground cracked black pepper and sea salt. Use your hands to mix the seasoning into the meat, ensuring it is evenly distributed and the meat becomes slightly tacky.
2. Once the beef is well seasoned and tacky, divide it into 4 to 6 portions, depending on your preferred burger size. Shape each portion into a patty, ensuring they are evenly sized and flat. Place the patties on a plate and chill in the fridge for at least one hour to firm up.
3. Preheat your skillet or BBQ grill to medium-high heat.
4. Cook the burgers on the preheated skillet or grill, following your preferred cooking method. Grill the burgers for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
5. Just before the burgers are done cooking, place slices of Cornish yarg cheese on top of each patty to allow it to melt slightly.
6. While the burgers are cooking, prepare the burger buns by toasting them to your liking.
7. Assemble the burgers by placing a cooked patty with melted yarg cheese on the bottom half of each toasted bun. Top the patty with lettuce, tomato slices, and your preferred relish.
8. Finally, cover each burger with the top half of the bun.