Did you know…
• that in the three weeks between March 5th and April 5th
2019, 15 pickers collected 1256kg of wild garlic leaves with which to wrap Cornwall’s famous Yarg cheeses?
• this works out at 70kg of wild garlic leaves a day!
• all the leaves came from one woodland – and we didn’t even leave a dent in it
• the nettle harvest begins in earnest on April 29
• we will have a six week window in which to forage a minimum of 2.6 tons of nettle leaves!
• our picking team will increase from 15 to 52 pickers for this mammoth task