We couldn’t make our Yargs without the leaves that nature provides us. We carefully forage two tonnes of stinging nettles and one tonne of wild garlic leaves every spring in a way that allows us to return to the same plentiful woodlands year after year without any damage to the local environment.
- We pick by hand, taking only the leaf, leaving the seeds and stems to repopulate.
- We only forage in places where the leaves are plentiful.
- We walk to our foraging spots, as vehicles can be damaging.
- We do not cultivate, and we never use fertilisers or pesticides.
- We train our team of pickers to understand the principles of sustainable foraging.
Once gathered in, we freeze the leaves so we can wrap our truckles all year round, and lock in the quality of the leaves.